Taxes in Retirement
Tuesday, September 04, 2018
6:00p - 7:30p EST
Russell Memorial Library
Organizer:Raleigh Martin, CFP®, AWMA® firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter:Raleigh Martin, CFP®, AWMA®
If you are nearing retirement, or already retired, understanding how taxes impact your retirement income and savings may enable you to pay less taxes on your hard-earned dollars. This is a free educational workshop - no investments or insurance products will be promoted.
The workshop will equip you with the most up-to-date information regarding retirement taxation, including ways to efficiently harvest your Social Security, 401(k)/IRA, annuity, pension and other income sources.
Learn what you need to know about:
- The new tax reform rules and their impact on your retirement
- The changing rules for a retiring generation of baby boomers
- How lost deductions may affect your taxes in retirement
- Common misconceptions about taxes in retirement
- Possible tools and tax strategies available to help retirees
- Strategies to help protect yourself against taxation of your Social Security income
- Why you may pay an effective tax rate that is higher than the published brackets