Top Five Reasons Investors Get A 2nd Opinion
(1) It is the smart thing to do. In the medical field second opinions for important diagnoses are commonplace, and even encouraged. Is the financial well-being of you and your family really less important?
(2) Lack of understanding of fees associated with investments. Do you understand the fees associated with your investment plan? Are they reasonable? Are they eating away the investment returns you need to meet your goals?
(3) A desire for an investment plan, and not just an investment account. Do your conversations with your advisor revolve around the performance of your investments or are they based on a solid long-term plan, and whether you are on track to meet your specific goals?
(4) A desire for a better relationship with their advisor. Are you happy with the quality and quantity of times you speak with or meet with your advisor in a year? Have they discussed your expectations for communication and interaction? Are they meeting them? If they were asked what your financial goals were, how confident are you their answers would match yours?
(5) Dissatisfaction with investment performance. When an investor suffers an investment loss and is unhappy with performance, it is usually because they did not understand the true risks they were taking in their portfolio. Do you really understand your portfolio’s risk? Do you know the downside loss you could tolerate in a given year? Does your advisor know?
During three decades in financial services, I have seen a lot of difficult markets come and go. I would like to offer my experience to help you, and to that end, here is what I offer:
- By appointment, I will meet with you to listen - no fees, no sales pitch. I'll ask you to briefly describe your financial goals and your concerns about financial risk.
- I'll review your current investments with you, and show you how closely they match your goals and your tolerance for risk.
- If your investments are well suited to your goals, I will be able to confirm it for you and you'll have gained increased confidence.
- On the other hand, if some of your investments no longer fit with your goals, or are excessively risky, I'll help you understand why. If you like, I will recommend some alternatives.
Contact me today to set up your complimentary consultation.
Raleigh Martin, CFP® Great Circle Wealth Strategies (888) 316-9771